Wednesday 9 June 2010

Annie Mac (re)Presents

I might have said this before BUT.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I was in a foul mood. Angry, pissy, shizzy mood on Saturday 5th June (forgive me for the slowness of this but I didn't realise I hadn't posted it).

I'll keep it short and sweet.

I eventually turned up, full of barbecue food and little else, it was POURING with rain - god bless the British summer. So I was wet. That's what rain does. I was going with a friend and her fella, and their mates (one of whom I had met before but only tenuously).

Enough scene setting.

Venue: Koko

Had a beer and watched the forgettable (Sam Sparro on mescaline) band who were on. So, then, Annie wonders out and starts playing her musics, still, not completely enamoured but i defeintely wasn't complaing, I was toward the back (at the bar end for those who know). The bass was meaty but the mixing was a touch sketchy. Her music choice was fairly difficult to dislike with a bit of RusKo and I THINK some Sleigh Bells but don't hold me to it. Around this time, i started to dislike the crowd. So, happy two-stepping away, i was minding my own business.

THEN

*pauses to build anticipation*

THEEEN Alklan wonders out in his YEAH TECHNO! t-shirt and thick formerly-geeky-now-trendy black rimmed, NHS glasses. He was WOMPIN' We wondered up to the front and stood bang in front of the speaker. The bass was shaking my hair and rattling my brain. He was on for an hour and a half but it disappeared in a beautiful-bass/eupohira induced haze. My only criticism would be that there were a smattering of serious low points. 75% of what he played or how he played it was AWESOME if not a little formulaic but that is no complaint. If you were to ask me to name the tunes then I have no idea. I could try and describe it but I would probably have to slightly aspergic. Go on. Ask. I dare you.

Next time you get a chance, go to Annie Mac Presents BUT go late... if that's advice then I am giving it


This is a photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment