Wednesday 9 June 2010

Sleigh Bells Treats - Santa goes for a summer break

Sleight Bells. Their album does exactly what is say on the tin. TREATS!

I once woo-ed a girl with the profound statement:

"Isn't is amazing how far apart the definitions for the words TREAT and TREATY are but they are only one letter different..." (the same applies for goat and goaty). In this case there is not a whole lot of relevance to the Sleigh Bells' debut album Treat BUT musically it is an absolute treaty.

BOOMBOOMBOOMBOOOOOOM WAAAOOWW WAAAOOOOWWWWWWW *pretty si-i-i-i-iiiiingiiiiing* - clip taken from the title track - Treats on the album Treats (which is treats)


That pretty much sums it up.

I was fortunate enough to first stumble across A/B Machine created by these beauties when randomly browsing. Apparently she left her "A machines on the table and her B machines on the floor"

I was first lured by their electro ruffery. Then I found out as I proceeded to pur-chase Crown on the Grown that there was a meaty guitar element. At first I was worried the vocals would be repetitive and annoying. I was gratefully wrong. They sound a little bit like what Coldplay would sound like if they grew a pair and Chris was married to Justine Frischmann from Elastica instead of Gwyneth Paltrow.

It's one of those albums you could put on when you had a bunch of friends round who were feeling energetic and you needed to keep them entertained while you went out to walk the (excitable) dog you recently bought... because you like the dog more than your like you friends anyway.

So. If I were Aesop, and these were my fables, the moral of this story would be. Buy a dog. Then, buy this album.


No comments:

Post a Comment